Notes on international driving licenses.


This is Ougiya Rental Cycle in Naoshima.
Thank you for always reading our blog.

We would like to inform you about the precautions for overseas customers when renting a car.

■The “IDP” in the photo below alone is not a substitute for an international driver’s license for driving within Japan.
(You cannot drive a car in Japan)
(It clearly says “IMPORTANT – This permit is valid when shown with Domestic Driver’s License” on the cover)

Recently, there has been an increase in the number of people renting a car using something called an “IDP” that can be obtained online.
There are three forms of online service provided: “IDP Booklet (Print)”, “IDP Booklet (Digital)”, and “Complementary ID Card”, but in all cases, it is used instead of an International Driving Permit. It’s not something that will happen.
When renting a car, you must present the original international driver’s license.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lusso Co., Ltd.
Ougiya rental bicycle